Re: How can HTML5 compete with Native?

On 21 October 2013 22:36, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org> wrote:

> On Monday, October 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > On Monday, October 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Tobie Langel wrote:
> > > My understanding is Jean-François was referring to UI components. It
> is true that compared to native platform, what the web has to offer there
> is underwhelming.
> >
> > I don't know anything about the other platforms and what they provide,
> so would really like to hear more about this. What are some funky ui things
> that we are currently missing on the Web?
>
> There's lots of small things and also higher level components which make
> prototyping a breeze.
>
> iOS:
> https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/userexperience/conceptual/mobilehig/Bars.html
> Android: http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/index.html
>
> --tobie

Additionally, there's the need for developers to integrate with
off-the-shelf products such as mobile analytics, advertising networks
(especially offline adverts), DRM-protected video playback.  A whole host
of these suppliers offer iOS and Android SDKs, but just aren't quite there
yet with HTML5 solutions.

Rob

--

This email was sent by a company owned by Pearson plc, registered office at