Re: How can HTML5 compete with Native?

Hi Robert, All,

On 10/18/13 2:58 PM, ext Robert Shilston wrote:
> I think it there is value in considering where the web is already
> ahead, or where it has the potential to be ahead.  Then lets celebrate
> those AND ensure that we're remaining ahead.  Let's make native
> applications feel they need to catch up with the web rather than
> vice-versa.

I agree this view is important and I see it as complementary to the work
this group is queuing up. (More on this below.)

> So what other examples can people suggest where the web is already ahead?

You might be able to find some data in the articles listed in the
[Apps-Suck] and [NativeVsWeb] sections of the group's Articles wiki,
f.ex. <http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/29/native-v-web-chart/>.

> And how can we widen the gap over native apps?

That's a good question. In what ways do you see this group providing
value here? For example, is this mainly about `education / outreach /
evangelism` or do you see other tasks or functions this group should
consider or do? Do you see WebPlatform.org effort as having a role here?

-Thanks, AB

[Apps-Suck] <http://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/articles#Apps_Suck>
[NativeVsWeb]
<http://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/articles#Native_Apps_versus_Web_Apps>