Re: [W3C WebMob] TPAC Agenda

On 10/18/13 12:00 PM, ext Natasha Rooney wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/TPAC_Face-to-Face#Agenda
>
> If you feel like something needs to be added to the agenda then let us
> know.

I won't be able to attend the meeting and ATM it appears my activity
level in this group is going to continue to be `passive lurking`.
Nevertheless, that won't prevent me from providing a little feedback ;-).

One observation I have is that in just the last day or two, there has
been a lot of activity and various (sometimes opposing [which is
good!]), views expressed on a fairly broad set of topics such as: is
code obfuscation something this group should do something about and if
so, what; is lack of standardized automagic network connect API a
significant barrier for Web apps, and if so, what can this group do
about it; rendering is a key performance issue for Web apps, so what can
this group do about that; 40% of native app downloads are for games so
is there something this group can do to help make the OWP better for
games (other than address ancillary issues Tobie mentioned such as
rendering).

On the one hand, it's really great that there is lots of "motion" (I
know I've learned a lot) and given the group is still bootstrapping,
that is of course to be expected. On the other hand, the group's
(long-ish term) value is likely to be measured/evaluated by "forward
progress". To that end, I'm wondering if the group is going to have some
type of `call for {inputs, issues, barriers, gaps}` to help define the
problem space at least for the short-term (and if so, the rough plan for
coalescing the inputs including how to address the issues, and figuring
out Who is going to do What and by When). I realize Dom's Gap Analysis
work already identifies a number of issues but I don't quite understand
the group's `rhythm` and where it is headed.

I also noted that priorities and prioritization were a common theme in a
few threads so I'm wondering about the group's plan here; f.ex. to focus
on a few items, to let `a thousand flowers bloom`, ...

I'd appreciate any feedback on the above as it should help me figure out
who I can try to get involved in the various pieces of this important
work. (I apologize in advance if this is all documented somewhere but
please send me the link(s).)

-Cheers, AB