Re: Mobile, Web and Security

On 17 Oct 2013, at 09:17, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> As I have mentioned in a separate thread, "security" is often mentioned
> as an area where developing on the Web is inferior to native.
>
> While some of these mentions are fairly hand-wavy, in general this
> relates to:
> * lack of encrypted storage
> * impossibility to manage remotely locally-stored data for a given Web
> app
> * certificate/key management
> * difficulty to protect against XSS/CSRF attacks
> * difficulty to hide the code of the app (and thus greater exposure to
> attacks)

I like the topics - there is a lot of talk around identity atm, and security pulls into this a lot. I will ask the teams at GSMA but we should have some input on certification / key management in particular.

> I hope the WebMob IG can provide assistance in this space.

Sure! Let's add to schedule of the next call! I will add to AOB for TPAC meeting too.
This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.