Re: New manifest spec - ready for FPWD?

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 23:37:36 +1100
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
Cc: kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, Web and Mobile IG <public-web-mobile@w3.org>
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 8:02, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Over the last few weeks, a few of us folks in the Web Mob IG have been
> investigating the use cases and requirements for bookmarking web apps to
> home screen. The output of that research  is this living document:
> http://w3c-webmob.github.io/installable-webapps/
>
> That (ongoing) research is helping to inform the manifest spec. A bunch
> of us have been working together on IRC, twitter, etc. on a new version
> of the manifest spec:
> http://w3c.github.io/manifest/
>
> The Editors would appreciate if people take a look and see if you agree
> with the feature set.

The feature set sounds pretty good. I would gladly discuss more why some
properties are defined and how some others are but the general gist
sounds fine. Maybe some properties should be removed to make things go
faster. For example, what's the current support to implement 'mode' and
'dont-share-cookies-and-stuff'?

> ** Right now, please refrain from bike-shedding! **

Ok :(

> Unless anyone objects, the Editors would like to request the start of a
> CFC towards publishing a FPWD of the manifest spec.

Please do.

--
Mounir