Re: Initial research into installable web apps

From: Ernesto Jiménez <erjica@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 23:50:53 +0000
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: public-web-mobile@w3.org, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Andrew Overholt <overholt@mozilla.com>, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> [...]

I’m looking for contributors to help me do the research and archeology -
> particularly need help with the data analysis side of things (I have the
> raw data from webdevdata.org, which contains ~78,000 documents taken on
> the 30th of October - will put the raw data I’ve extracted up soon). Please
> sign up to the repo or let me know if you want to be added as a contributor:
>
> https://github.com/w3c-webmob/installable-webapps

I would be happy to help you with the research.

I did a quick & dirty extraction from the webdevdata.org to have a go at
it. Just extracted the top meta header names in order to see how popular
are the app-specific ones such as application-name
or apple-mobile-web-app-capable. Given that the viewport tag seems to be
extended, I also extracted the top properties in viewport.

https://gist.github.com/ernesto-jimenez/7390115

It has been quick, so numbers are not accurate.

I'm happy to help with the draft, but I'm not doing a pull request yet. I
should probably fix my W3C account first, since it's still linked to my
previous company. I did send an application to join the group as invited
expert, in case I can help out.

Best,
Ernesto