Status of web intents in Chrome

From: Greg Billock <gbillock@google.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:47:01 -0700
To: WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>
We shipped experimental support for web intents in Chrome in order to
gather data and feedback about the API and help inform its
development. Now that we've gathered enough data, we've disabled the
experimental support for web intents as of version 24. After carefully
reviewing the feature, we have identified a number of areas for
development in both the API and specific user experience in Chrome.
We'll use the results of this experiment to help us make sure we're
approaching the important problem of inter-webapp communication in the
best possible way. As we review the results, we'll endeavor to share
our findings more widely. We're still interested in this problem space
and will continue to explore it.

--Greg Billock