Re: New 'Login' Intent?

On 5/8/2012 10:44 AM, James Hawkins wrote:
> As far as the namespace is concerned, I'm not entirely sure we can't
> have a high-level 'identify', but I do believe we should make use of
> existing technologies instead of inventing a new protocol.  Each
> identity protocol would have its own action, e.g.
> http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0 for OpenID.  The reason for this is
> that the client needs to verify the authenticity of the identity w/
> the server, which requires messaging beyond the simple input/response
> provided by the basic Web Intents layer.

Yeah my take on it is quite similar. I did the OAuth route in our web
apps; it doesn't have a standard identity, though every provider has
something like a /self/me end-point which returns JSON describing the user.
It seems to me that I'd be passing back: {token:'arbitrary', 'endpoint':
'https://url'};

 From there, I can do client-side via <iframe> and web messaging for a
channel, or server-side for identity.

-Charles