Re: Gallery API draft review request

I have a question about synchronizing this work with the proposal for
passing MIME types through web intents at [1].

There I describe how to prepare MIME typed data on the client side,
and didn't address returning data from the service as MIME type. I
think it'd be best to coordinate this so that any MIME type specifier
produced a common expectation for any action. For example, something
that builds on this would be:

A service returning MIME type data MUST prepare it in a dictionary as follows:

dictionary MimeTypeData {
  readonly attribute any content;
  readonly attribute DOMString url;
  readonly attribute DOMString filename;
  // (other attributes may be present?)
};

If the MIME type is binary (application/*, image/*, video/*, audio/*),
then the "content" field MUST be of type Blob. If the MIME type is
text (text/*, message/*, multipart/*), then the "content" field MUST
be text.

Either the content or the url field may be filled.

If present, the "filename" field may refer to the service-side
filename of the resource passed back, as a hint to the client.

---

This mimics the usage I described for passing MIME types. Do you agree
that something like this would be a good overall MIME passing
convention? If so, do you want to add this to the wiki page [1]?

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents/MIME_Types