From: Paul Kinlan [mailto:paulkinlan@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:14 AM
To: John J Barton
Cc: Rachel Blum; Greg Billock; public-web-intents@w3.org
Subject: Re: A simpler, webbier approach to Web Intents?

Kind of.

The user would accumulate entries on the sites that they visit, and these are the apps that are then registered, this is where the user grants the ability for the service to fulfill the intent.  The user to would not have to click install in the IDE at all, the user in the IDE would just request a service from the browser.

There are other ways of finding services too, the current shim maintains a registry of publicly accessible services that support intents and can offer them to the user to invoke.