Re: Pick Contacts Intent

Hi Michiel,

On Jun 22, 2012, at 10:53 , Michiel de Jong wrote:
> One remark though: We should probably compare the format to
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ContactsAPI#Proposed_API and vice
> versa? From an app developer point of view it would be extremely
> annoying if the two would be almost the same, but different in small
> ways.

We definitely want everyone to align on Contact objects.

> A quick glance shows the two are similar, but e.g. 'bday' !=
> 'birthday'. We might want to iron that out?

Certainly. We've had feedback from Mozilla in the past and I certainly hope that we'll have more very soon. There are actually a few open problems with the way in which the Contact dictionary is specified. I think that most of those issues are captured in Josh's brain though, so I'll need to pick it directly. I'll prod him to post to this thread.

Either way — we definitely want to reach broad alignment here.