Re: Pick Contacts Intent

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:38:02 -0700
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, public-web-intents@w3.org
To: Michiel de Jong <michiel@unhosted.org>
Hi Michiel,

On Jun 22, 2012, at 10:53 , Michiel de Jong wrote:
> One remark though: We should probably compare the format to
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ContactsAPI#Proposed_API and vice
> versa? From an app developer point of view it would be extremely
> annoying if the two would be almost the same, but different in small
> ways.

We definitely want everyone to align on Contact objects.

> A quick glance shows the two are similar, but e.g. 'bday' !=
> 'birthday'. We might want to iron that out?

Certainly. We've had feedback from Mozilla in the past and I certainly hope that we'll have more very soon. There are actually a few open problems with the way in which the Contact dictionary is specified. I think that most of those issues are captured in Josh's brain though, so I'll need to pick it directly. I'll prod him to post to this thread.

Either way  we definitely want to reach broad alignment here.