Pick Contacts Intent

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:10:08 +0200
Cc: public-web-intents@w3.org
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi all,

I've been editing the Contacts API (renamed to "Pick Contacts Intent") in order to make it use Intents. You can read the result here:

    http://w3c-test.org/dap/contacts/

Some notes:

     This is an exploratory exercise, there be dragons, etc.
     I know that there are planned changes to the Contact format that haven't been carried out. I believe Josh was shepherding that. Josh: if you want to send me the changes you had in mind (or make them), go ahead.
     There are a few formatting bugs due to using a bleeding edge ReSpec  please don't report them, I've noticed and will release a fix.
     I haven't updated "Appendix A. User Interaction Guidelines" yet, I will soon (I'll need to make pretty images though).
     The demo I showed you yesterday isn't conforming to this new draft, but it will be once I get around to that.
     Please pay special attention to the terminology and phrasing used to define an Intent-based specification  chances are that this will get copied by others so anything we get wrong will proliferate.
     Some things will change in Web Intents that will break this spec. That's life.

I'd be interested in knowing how confident people are that this can fly (I think it can). If we like it, I'd like to release a WD soon.

Have a nice week-end!