Two questions about the Web Intents.

From: Gaowenmei <gaowenmei@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:19:26 +0000
To: "public-web-intents@w3.org" <public-web-intents@w3.org>

I am a newcomer here. These days I was studying the web intents spec and felt great interest in this technology. Now I have some small questions, and hope someone can help me to clarify the confusion.

1) When we click a button in the client page and trigger the "startActivity()", UA will pop up a intent list and we will see some suggestions there. I am wondering where are the suggestions from? Does the UA search the intent services in real time? (for example, Chrome will search the suitable intent services from the Chrome web app store?)

2) Can the user manually add a URL to the popup intent list as a intent service page? Thus, the user can add some intent service pages which are found by himself or forwarded by his friends. This will be very useful for users.

Hope to get the answer ASAP, thanks very much! :)

Gao Wenmei
华为终端有限公司[huawei_logo] - 终端标准移动终端研究部

地址:北京市海淀区中关村北清路156号实创科技示范园华为公司Q19 Q19-3-A002S 邮编:100095

recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by

(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)