Re: Media Access/Device Storage/Gallery API

From: Steve VanDeBogart <vandebo@google.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:00:15 -0700
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: "Nilsson, Claes1" <Claes1.Nilsson@sonymobile.com>, Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, public-sysapps@w3.org, WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>
I don't think the web intent approach is appropriate for local files
because it requires too much user intervention; consider a photo album type
application that is meant to help your organize your local pictures.  The
user wants to be able to grant access to an entire gallery, not just
individual pictures.  Furthermore, in the steady state, the user won't want
to select their galleries each time they open their photo album app,
they'll want it to retain access. Web intents aren't really designed to do
that and I don't think it makes sense to add that kind of feature.

--
Steve