From: Nilsson, Claes1 [Claes1.Nilsson@sonymobile.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:27 AM
To: Jean-Claude Dufourd
Cc: public-web-intents@w3.org; public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: RE: Web Intents Addendum for local Services uploaded

Hi Jean-Claude,

I agree that connection of Web Intents with unmodified, non Web Intents enabled devices, is also interesting. There are advantages and disadvantages with both approaches. However, as stated before, we have started to work on a specification with the clear assumption “Web Intents enabled local devices”. The statement "A Web Intents enabled UPnP device MUST ..." is therefore correct as it says what is required from a Web Intents enabled UPnP devices. The statement does not say anything about or exclude Web Intents for non Web Intents enabled UPnP devices.

I hope to get bandwith after the summer to look at Web Intents for services on non Web Intents enabled local devices. This includes not only UPnP and mDNS devices but also Bluetooth, USB, ANT+ etc connected devices.

Best regards
  Claes