Re: Web Intents and Home Networking Scenarios

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:32:23 +0000
To: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
CC: WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>
Þann fös 13.jan 2012 12:12, skrifaði Giuseppe Pascale:
> 1. the user browse from his PC to a page that contains a video (e.g.
> youtube)
> 2. the page shows a button that allows the user to show the video
> "somewhere else"
> (note: doesn't necessarily need to be another device, maybe just
> another media player on his pc).
> This could be done with a "view" intent.
What is the use case for not allowing the user to show a video somewhere
else? Whether to show videos on a secondary screen or what video decoder
to use depends more on the circumstances of the viewer(s) than the video
server. For example, when located at home, I would want videos I
navigate to on my handheld computer to be fetched by my router and drawn
to my larger living room display. On my desktop, I would want the same
navigation to result in the the video being rendered to a window on the
screen of the desktop. Both could be achieved with <a href type>.