RE: Passing "origin" with intents

Steve wrote:
> Wouldn't the client want some knowledge of which service it is disclosing the
> origin to?

The client always wants more information. That doesn't entitle it to that information.

Clients want to know the exact state of my universe. They want to know what I had for breakfast, where I've been for my entire life, etc.

While clients want to know everything. They don't need to know anything.

If a client is asking the UA "please let the User save this data". The client doesn't need to know where the data was saved. That's irrelevant. The user knows where the user saved the data, and the user has the right to use the data from there however the user chooses. For a given intent, there may be a response from the Service/UA saying "yes, your request [to save this data] was completed", however that should generally be the most that a client gets.

If a client is asking the UA "please let the user share this data", the client doesn't need to know if the user chose to share it via Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, an SMS, a private fax. That isn't something to which the client has any right.

Intents are designed to enable sites to let users do things in a detached manner.