RE: Status of my Actions from Shenzhen meeting (relating to Web Intents for local network service discovery)

Hello all,

I believe ACTION-510 and the supporting existing UPnP totally different story and should not discuss w/ together.
they are looks similar, but different.

ACTION-510 is to make the local service as same as the web service as much as possible for current Web Intents
concept

Web intents concept : Invoker  may not know how to deal w/ the called web service from Web Intents system. this is the reason
why the web service is provide UI page and will be easy to make the web service.

UPnP concept : Invoker should know how to deal w/ the local service very much. since this is command base communication.
In this case, they must define how to communicate each other. This takes very long time.

ACTION-510 will provide the mechanism to provide <intent> tag information to UA w/ the similar step of the normal web service.
there is not much motivation to support the existing UPnP device.

To support the existing UPnP device should be different story, since Web Intents is new mechanism to call the web service and
cannot call the existing web service. so, ACTION-510 is introducing the new mechanism to the local service to adapt Web Intents.

To support existing UPnP device should be discussed separately from ACTION-510.

thank you,

nao