Re: Face to face with DAP?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2012, at 16:14 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> > On 4/26/12 7:45 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
> >> the DAP WG is having a face to face meeting on 10-12/07. The exact
> location is currently unknown, but we should find out fast. So far
> potential (but unconfirmed) locations are near Boston, in Dusseldorf, or
> (very tentatively) in Oslo.
> >>
> >> Would people here like to have an Intents TF meeting as part of that
> face to face? If so you're certainly welcome, and we can sort out the exact
> details.
> >
> > If Web Intents isn't a major topic on DAP's f2f agenda, would there be a
> critical mass of other high priority topics to substantiate an
> international f2f meeting in July (especially if DAP is going to meet
> during TPAC)?
>
> I'm not sure that this is a topic for the Intents TF, but yes, there would
> be. DAP has a host of APIs to define, and while many of these use Intents,
> they are worked on independently. By the next f2f I expect there to be
> drafts as well as early implementations of several of those.

I'll let Greg speak for himself, but I'd make the trip.  With Ian's recent
reply to the Intents proposal on WhatWG, we have a lot of details we need
to cover.  We've also uncovered quite a few new use cases in speaking with
potential clients, use cases which would require non-trivial changes to the
API, so hammering out a lot of the details at the F2F like last time would
be awesome.

James