Re: exploration of non-web intent providers

On 23/4/12 14:00 , Nilsson, Claes1 wrote:
> We are prototyping Web Intents for Services in UPnP devices, i.e.
> "device 2" in the context of this discussion, and have chosen to
> expose the Service as web page that could be visible or "hidden".
> Device 2 contains:
> - A web server
> - Service page
> - UPnP description document containing the registration markup
> according to
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/images/f/fa/W3C_Web_Intents_-_Local_Service_Discovery.pdf
JCD: This does not work for me as I want to test the use of web intents
together with unmodified UPnP services.
Your services, Claes, are using a UPnP "private" extension.
I do not see manufacturers of existing UPnP devices being happy with the
requirement to implement this extension before their device can be used
together with Web Intents...
Best regards
JC

--