RE: Is discovery good enough for wider use cases

Glenn wrote:
> This week I reviewed the roadmap for the 200 sites my company manages and I
> wrote-off implementing Web Intents for the share buttons. The reason being if
> there is no isRegistered type functionality we don't believe we can deliver the
> right level of UX. We don't want to invoke the Web Intents UI unless we know
> the user already has a service registered that supports the verb/data type we
> are requesting.

Suppose that you could provide a fallback handler so that when you triggered the intent (e.g. share), if the user hadn't been to any share providers they would see your share option, would that assuage your concern?

I believe that's already in the API as drafted today, it was certainly a point we discussed at the DAP meeting.

In that case, you're able to build the UI you want for the rest of the experience, and if at some point the user gets a preferred provider they can switch from your fallback seamlessly.