Re: Resource-driven, standard hyperlinks

Hi Tony,

Thanks for joining, we have had discussions about using anchors to be
able to initiate the intents, but not on this list so it would be good
to document these and the use-cases.

The questions I had with using anchors are:
- does the href become redundant?  What is encoded in the href, is it
the intent url (webintents.org/share), or the data? I suspect the
data, so if the intent system isn't in the browser the user would just
open the data.
- do we just have data attributes or define new attributes on the
DOMAnchorElement?
- it is one way, you can only start an action but not receive a
response.  Or would you define a new attribute that is the event for
the callback?  Something like "onintentresponse"

There are positives as well:
- it is declarative
- might not require javascript to be enabled

Thanks,

--
Paul Kinlan
Developer Advocate @ Google for Chrome and HTML5