Re: UPnP service implementing an intent

This is exactly why I said that we may have a different definition of
discovery.
You seem to be interested mainly in discovering services that are not
yet known but are directly accessible in the environment of the current
device (read: that do not need an (IP) address to be talked to):
- peripherals connected to the current device;
- optional software installed on the device...
The Home Network TF is only interested in discovering services elsewhere
on the network, on devices unknown to the discoverer.

And even your version of discovery is outside the scope of Web Intents
if I am not mistaken.
Best regards
JC