Re: intents broker == user agent ?

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:11:26 +0100, James Hawkins <jhawkins@google.com>
wrote:

> Not all interactions with the intents system must be registered using the
> <intent> tag.  For example in Chrome, an extension may register itself as
> an intent service by adding the appropriate properties to its manifest.

JC, all
as I understand it, Web Intents is just a framework that allow application
to "discover" other application via the mediation of the UA.
Even though some "discovery" mechanisms are part of the spec itself (e.g.
the mark-up elements) I don't think that is intended to be the only way.
Furthermore, even if intents provide a way to discover a service, we also
need to address the communication part to fully cover the requirements
around communication with home network services. This last part needs to
be done somewhere else (in DAP).

>  Perhaps I don't understand your use case though.  Can you provide a
> concrete example?

I was just going to send out an email on this topic, just hold on few secs
:)

/g

Giuseppe Pascale
TV & Connected Devices