Re: Bjartur's Actual Criticism (finally)

timeless wrote:
> Bjartur wrote:
>> My understanding was that sites are responsible for showing the picker
>> interface for users to select actions. That is what I oppose.
>
> No. We do not intend for this to be the case, the intent broker (the
> UA) will manage the picker interface.

Great!
Why, then, need scripts be able to initiate Intents? Perhaps because
Intents are in fact to be used for bidirectional communications between
clients and services, rather than users and services?

> Sites have random layouts, they tend to evolve in competition with
> similar sites. Users can deal with this evolution, and they are
> involved in that when they vote with their feet in favor of a layout
> they like, the losers will evolve to match, improve, or die. Darwinian
> theory.

The evolution would be much quicker and less painful if users could switch
layouts without refusing to read content from authors who prefer another
layout.
--
-,Bjartur