Re: Code generation or forms?

On Jun 8, 2005, at 11:57 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> I must admit I still haven't completely grokked the forms approach.

How about this:

A form tells you what method you are allowed to invoke with which
parameter(s) on what object.
Sort of a method declaration at runtime, bound to a single object.

where...

method == PUT,POST,GET...
parameter == the message body to send, typed by MIME type OR: a CGI
key/value param
object == Web resource

Does that help?

Jan

Jan Algermissen, Consultant & Programmer
http://jalgermissen.com
Tugboat Consulting, 'Applying Web technology to enterprise IT'
http://www.tugboat.de