Re: Notes from meeting between Chrome and Mozilla folks

On August 8, 2014 at 6:12:40 PM, Bran, Cary (cary.bran@plantronics.com) wrote:
> > I too agree with needing a way to accept a UUID as device manufactures
> may come up with their own device specific services and the friendly
> name for standard services makes sense to me.

Ok, let's tease out a bit how people envision the custom service thing would work with the UUID. Can you provide a scenario and walk through it. What would be great to see would be:

1. how does script request Custom Gizmo?
2. how does the user select Custom Gizmo? (granting access)
3. how does script interface with Custom Gizmo? (send/receive data)
4. how does user stop page using Custom Gizmo? (revoke access)

In the above, where does the UUID come into play? Just make up any old fake-looking code - it's just so we are all on the same page.