Re: [media-and-entertainment] Frame accurate seeking of HTML5 MediaElement

From: Nigel Megitt via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:17:14 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org

@kevinmarks-b Testing with the audience has shown that in limited cases they do prefer subtitles outside the video, particularly when the video is embedded in a bigger page and is relatively small. In general though the audience does prefer subtitles super-imposed over the video. I speculate that smaller eye movements are easier and result in less of the video content being missed during the eye movement.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nigelmegitt
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/4#issuecomment-397616871 using your GitHub account