Re: [media-and-entertainment] Frame accurate seeking of HTML5 MediaElement

From: Daiz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 09:12:03 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
>When you observe the .frameCounter for a <video> element, say in requestAnimationFrame, which frame would that correspond to?

For frame accuracy purposes, it should obviously correspond to the currently displayed frame on the screen.

Also, something that I wanted to say is I understand that there's a lot of additional complexity to this subject under various playback scenarios and that it's probably not possible to guarantee frame accuracy under all scenarios. However, I don't think should stop us from pursuing frame accuracy where it would indeed be possible. Like if I have just a normal browser window in full control of video playback playing video on a normal screen attached to my computer, even having frame accuracy just there alone would be a huge win in my books.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Daiz
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/4#issuecomment-397562304 using your GitHub account