Re: [me-media-timed-events] DataCue or a more specific API for DASH and emsg events

From: Silvia Pfeiffer via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 22:22:33 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
@boblund what do you think about moving the data type identification into the cue itself. This way we wouldn't define a new cue type for all possible data, but have an identifier that signifies how to parse the content in the text attribute. We could even consider adding a "metadataType" attribute on the track element which gets interpreted when kind=metadata.

Is DataCue implemented in any browser? (I've lost track - no pun intended).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by silviapfeiffer
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/me-media-timed-events/issues/2#issuecomment-397456283 using your GitHub account