Re: [me-media-timed-events] DataCue or a more specific API for DASH and emsg events

From: Nigel Megitt via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:45:45 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
There are other options to consider:

- if you want to select some set of `emsg` events and there is identifying metadata in them, you could push that metadata up to the `TextTrack` level and have the `DataCue`s just contain the payload data for each one.

- if you want to create cues that have extra data in you could subclass `DataCue` to e.g. `emsgEventCue` and add attributes to that class.

So the broader question is: do we need, in the HTML spec, a common set of classes to use for MPEG DASH based events, or is there a more general construct that can be adapted for use in a more specific use case?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nigelmegitt
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/me-media-timed-events/issues/2#issuecomment-397301301 using your GitHub account