Re: [media-and-entertainment] Frame accurate seeking of HTML5 MediaElement

From: Daiz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:25:03 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
On the matter of "sub-framerate sync", I would like to point out that for the purposes of high quality media playback, **this is not enough.** Things like subtitle scene bleeds (where a cue remains visible after a scene change occurs in the video) are **noticeable and ugly** even if they remain on-screen for just an extra 15-30 milliseconds (ie. less than a single 24FPS frame, which is ~42ms) after a scene change occurs. Desktop video playback software outside browsers do not have issues in this regard, and I would really like to be able to replicate that on the web as well.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Daiz
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/4#issuecomment-396978634 using your GitHub account