Re: [me-media-timed-events] ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format spec does not mention emsg

Yes, this document in the one to define how emsg is recognized in media containers by user agents and the API for exposing it it to web apps. The API definition would need to reference (or define) some cue format - there are some options in this regard.

________________________________
From: Chris Needham via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:30 AM
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Subject: Re: [me-media-timed-events] ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format spec does not mention emsg

The other related spec we should review is [Sourcing In-band Media Resource Tracks from Media Containers into HTML](https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-sourcing-inband-tracks/). Although focused on text tracks, this is perhaps also relevant for emsg.
Sourcing In-band Media Resource Tracks from Media ...<https://dev.w3.org/html5/html-sourcing-inband-tracks/>
dev.w3.org
Sourcing In-band Media Resource Tracks from Media Containers into HTML Unofficial Draft 26 April 2015 Latest editor's draft: http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-sourcing-inband-tracks/

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrisn
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/me-media-timed-events/issues/1#issuecomment-395111537 using your GitHub account