Re: [me-media-timed-events] ISO BMFF Byte Stream Format spec does not mention emsg

From: gmandyam via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 15:27:25 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
Unfortunately the W3C bytstream spec only refers to http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c068960_ISO_IEC_14496-12_2015.zip, which has no mention of emsg.  Therefore in my interpretation, an implementation can be compliant with the W3C ISO BMFF spec and completely disregard the emsg box.

At very least, the bytestream specification should be updated to speciify the desired emsg processing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gmandyam
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/me-media-timed-events/issues/1#issuecomment-395110288 using your GitHub account