W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > March 2016

[GGIE] minutes - 9 March 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:25:49 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XT_HY_g155en98gmO4Rdv_DO1MndWVySLGqTVE1wkfNQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Glenn has (partly) updated the GitHub page at:

https://github.com/w3c/tv-ggie/blob/master/GGIE.Identity.UC.Requirements.md

Please note I've added a link to the minutes from the
TV Control API CG call which includes several links
to resources on privacy discussion.

Also I've added two action items manually to:
  https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open
because ACTION-217 and ACTION-218 were not
automatically recorded due to my used ambiguous
user name.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                  GGIE

09 Mar 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Bill_Rose, Glenn_Deen, Julian_Sitkevich,
          Leslie_Daigle

   Regrets
   Chair
          Glenn

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Mark Watson's message on Entertainment industry
            requirements for future Web Standards
         2. [5]GGIE Identity Use Case Requirements document
         3. [6]Privacy
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Mark Watson's message on Entertainment industry requirements for
future Web Standards

   ->
   [9]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2016M
   ar/0006.html

      [9]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2016Mar/0006.html

   glennd: discussion on identity
   ... future web standards for entertainment industry
   ... content identifier we discussed last year
   ... we had discovered three ways
   ... 1. extract from meta data
   ... 2. attract with fingerprinting watermark
   ... id work
   ... api for content identifier
   ... any other points?

   julian: sounds good

   glennd: very future one or near future one
   ... what we're doing is very important

   kaz: we might want to mention the structure of use case wiki
   ... including the recent work on identifier management
   discussion

   bill: deadline?

   glennd: Mark didn't mention that

   bill: what we're doing is entertainment in general
   ... maybe we can point our use case wikis

   glennd: anybody can do discussion on the reflector

   bill: sounds like a good idea

   glennd: take an action

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to send out an initial idea to the GGIE
   reflector on future web standard [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> 'glenn' is an ambiguous username. Please try a
   different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g.,
   gadams, gdeen, geguchi, ggoldste).

GGIE Identity Use Case Requirements document

   ->
   [11]https://github.com/w3c/tv-ggie/blob/master/GGIE.Identity.UC
   .Requirements.md ID UC/Req. doc on GitHub

     [11]
https://github.com/w3c/tv-ggie/blob/master/GGIE.Identity.UC.Requirements.md

   glennd: second point is requirements document, third point is
   privacy
   ... any other items?

   (none)

   glennd: number of action items
   ... would go through the github doc
   ... the first topic is "Privacy Requirements"

   <scribe> ACTION: glennd to update the numbering of the github
   doc [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-216 - Update the numbering of the
   github doc [on Glenn Deen - due 2016-03-16].

   glennd: many requirements

   julian: unique ID code to identify students?

   bill: could be unique within organization, etc.
   ... but might want to have a third party to manage a global ID
   ... separation from your real identity

   julian: so the name of the student and the token are both
   publicly available?

   bill: the exchange might be encrypted

   glennd: functional aspect of identity
   ... not how to authenticate

   bill: the idea is e.g., online shopping
   ... it's a MAY

   glennd: may take preamble?

   bill: preamble of the requirement document?
   ... will do
   ... where they came from
   ... number of requirements documents

   leslie: having a link would be helpful
   ... a bit concerned with the ordering

   glennd: suggesting to use linking?
   ... let's do use cases by name

   kaz: mentions the work of the TV Control API CG

   -> [13]https://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-tvapi-minutes.html TV
   Control API CG minutes (including several resources on
   security)

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/03/08-tvapi-minutes.html

   glennd: we've identified preamble
   ... updated the github doc
   ... Ease of Use Requirements

   bill: more a guideline

   glennd: number 1: The methods necessary to achieve anonymity
   and pseudonymity must be simple to understand and use such as,
   for example, the methods used for parental control of online
   access for children today.
   ... very general
   ... next: Issuer Requirements
   ... user driven
   ... propagation ok
   ... Import/Export Requirements
   ... Processor/Workflow Requirements

   bill: we had an action item

   glennd: action item for us

   <scribe> ACTION: bill and glennd to flesh out the
   Processor/Workflow requirements section [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> 'bill' is an ambiguous username. Please try a
   different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g.,
   wdh, WJR).

   glennd: any issues on Device Requirements or Business
   Requirements?

   bill: security requirements

   glennd: good catch
   ... updated the github doc
   ... plan to send this note out to the GG list to request review
   of the larger group
   ... any comments?

   (none)

Privacy

   glennd: general privacy document
   ... use case we did last year concerning EPG, etc.
   ... number of sections we had identified
   ... starting point suggestions
   ... go back through the use cases and identify gaps
   ... capture them at one place

   julian: sounds like reasonable

   (everybody is OK)

   glennd: julian and bill, would like to do?

   julian: happy to help

   bill: signs up

   glennd: the first pass is where the use cases came from
   ... natural aggregation

   bill: also would see privacy requirements

   glennd: discovery stuff as well potentially

   bill: being informative

   glennd: any other comments?

   (none)

   glennd: the other stage we might want to spend time is content
   identification requirements
   ... previously discussed what APIs for content identification
   ... would do a document
   ... potentially related to some other work within W3C

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: bill and glennd to flesh out the
   Processor/Workflow requirements section [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to send out an initial idea to the GGIE
   reflector on future web standard [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: glennd to update the numbering of the github doc
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action03
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action01
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/09-webtv-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/03/09 18:08:21 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 9 March 2016 18:27:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 9 March 2016 18:27:02 UTC