Survey on 4K video and the Web

From: Yosuke Funahashi <yosuke@funahashi.cc>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 03:03:44 +0900
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
Hi Daniel,

Regarding 4K video and the Web, during the previous call we've agreed that the
IG will do our first survey on this topic inside and outside W3C to see if there
are any issues the IG or W3C should deal with. This is because now 4K is reality
for more people thanks to industry initiatives such as Netflix [1] and Japanese
satellites [2].

I think it might be better for us to take two step approach for this survey: the
first step is inside W3C and the second step is outside W3C with referring the
result of the first one.

What do you think?

Regards,
Yosuke