Re: [tt] Updated draft input to the proposed revision of Timed Text WG charter

Hi all,

I think the wiki statement should go a step further and provide an
actual charter review.

The wiki currently suggests three different strategies that the W3C
could take to deal with two timed text formats:
1. development of mappings
2. develop one true timed text format
3. requirement to support both both

In contrast, the TTWG charter is a step ahead of these proposed
strategies and is proposing to go with strategy 1:
" Establish a semantic mapping between TTML and WebVTT in order to
facilitate browser implementation and market adoption."

Thus, I think we should be more clear in our review and clearly state
that we are ok with the new charter because it meets the requirements
that this group came up with given that there are two formats.

HTH.

Regards,
Silvia.