[tt] Draft summary points re: Timed Text efforts

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 22:06:48 -0700
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
Good morning/evening,

The Timed Text TF has begun crafting summary points to be provided as
input to the Timed Text WG charter revision process. Per my homework
[1], below is a snapshot based on the ouput of the May 21 telecon.

- The Web and TV IG has compiled a list of WebVTT and TTML efforts at
[2] [ed.: the idea is to make sure that the right background
information is available]
- There is a desire to minimize the number of profiles used in the industry
- Timed Text stakeholders are users, authors, followed by implementers
and specification writers
- There is a desire to ensure maximum semantic interoperability across
Timed Text efforts in the W3C, e.g. one format might be a semantic
superset of the other

The objective is to make progress (and hopefully complete) this input
during our next call on May 30th at 8 AM Los Angeles local time.

In the meantime, looking forward to your thoughts and the discussion
on the reflector.

Best,

-- Pierre

[1] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/21-webtv-minutes.html#action01