W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > May 2013

[testing] minutes - 8 May 2013

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 01:39:41 +0900
Message-ID: <518A7FCD.6060302@w3.org>
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks for taking notes again, Bin!

Kazuyuki

---
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Web and TV IG - Testing TF call

08 May 2013

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-webtv-irc

Attendees

    Present
           CyrilRa, Giuseppe, Bin_Hu, Yosuke, Clarke, Kaz

    Regrets
    Chair
           Clarke

    Scribe
           Bin_Hu

Contents

      * [3]Topics
      * [4]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    Giuseppe: reality is we haven't received any feedback yet
    ... most of liaisons sent us back an acknowledgement, such as
    thank you for sharing etc
    ... expect something this week or next week

    Clarke: any liaison you haven't received acknowledgemenet, and
    we should follow on?

    Giuseppe: not sure, need to check

    Clarke: maybe you can contact W3C liaison and let them follow
    up?

    Giuseppe: believe most of them acknowledged

    Clarke: internal poll result?

    Giuseppe: questioning is if it is useful for this survey

    Clarke: would we add value to internal testing group if we do
    interna survey?

    Bin: it is useful. even if feedback represents individual
    company's view, and internla poll collectively can represent
    group's view, and set our expectation and priority to testing
    group

    Clarke: the key thing in the group is the features we needed to
    the testing group, which can be achieved through liaison
    feedback and individual feedback

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: if we identify the specifications, it is
    useful

    Giuseppe: I will set up the poll, and will send it out

    Clarke: aother agenda item is the additional use cases

    it doesn't appear we have any use cases now

    Clarke: Cablelabs will have some additional use cases, and will
    contribute shortly

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: let us wait for another 2 weeks to consider
    this work is complete
    ... let us give another 2 weeks for liaison feedback

    Clarke: another is the logistics. Let us have the call
    biweekly, i.e. we skip next week

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: I will send out the requirement in a couple of
    weeks
    ... if we have any deadline to contribute to testing group

    testing group is doing fundraising

    Clarke: they may also accept testing requirment, and let us
    wrap up in a couple of months

    Giuseppe: my question is what we input to W3C testing group

    Clarke: we wrap up the use cases, and generate testing
    requirement and input to W3C testing group

    Giuseppe: is W3C testing group doing the same thing?

    Clarke: what are the other group doing?

    HTML testing TF is reviewing HTML 5.1 to identify the testing
    gaps

    Clarke: looks like they are doing the similar thing

    Giuseppe: we haven't got acknowledgment from CAA

    Clarke: will contact Brian M to follow up

    Clarke: any other business?

    No, not from my side

    Clarke: will meet in 2 weeks. meanwhile, I will work on the
    requirement, and Cablelabs will have additional use cases

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: I will contact W3C testing group to see if
    there is any format to uses
    ... Giusepe to follow up for response from liaisons

    <Clarke> Thanks for scribing, Bin

    Thank you Clarke

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [5]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([6]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-05-08 15:50:21 $

       [5] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
       [6] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 8 May 2013 16:40:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:44:09 UTC