Re: Repository of Existing Business-Level Use Cases for TVs In Tandem With Other Screens that Enrich Programs and Commercials via the Web

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the email. Some very interesting topics broached here. If I
understand you correctly, and please let me know if I misunderstand, you are
suggesting we ultimately expand the BG document to include a broader range of
use cases that include "video formats and  interactive 3D graphics, educational
television, C-SPAN, PBS, debate television, news television, and audience
comments and feedback topics."

I think topics you suggested are relevant to the document and, as one of the
editors of the document, I'm glad to merge new use cases from those topics. The
document is intended to be a repository for use cases and this will contribute
meaningfully.

To get the discussions started, a draft note or list of potential use cases
would be helpful. Would you be willing to put something together? Once we
receive a preliminary list we will put it on the BG wiki and begin discussions.

BTW, this mailing list is for the Web and TV IG. Since the document is on the BG
github page, let's continue this discussion on the BG mailing list.

FYI to all, I think this is a good time to mention the outcome of a discussion
about collaboration and separation between the IG and BG. The IG co-chairs and
its TF moderators have decided that the BG should maintain its own documents and
that the IG and its TFs will reference them when necessary. Decisions on
collaboration and separation will be made by TF moderators and the BG chair on a
case-by-case basis.

Regards,
Yosuke

--