From: 현욱 <whyun@etri.re.kr<mailto:whyun@etri.re.kr>>
Date: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:24 AM
To: Sheau Ng <sheau.ng@nbcuni.com<mailto:sheau.ng@nbcuni.com>>
Cc: 김성혜 <shkim@etri.re.kr<mailto:shkim@etri.re.kr>>, JC Verdié <jc.verdie@mstarsemi.com<mailto:jc.verdie@mstarsemi.com>>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>>, 허미영 <myhuh@etri.re.kr<mailto:myhuh@etri.re.kr>>, 강신각 <sgkang@etri.re.kr<mailto:sgkang@etri.re.kr>>
Subject: Re: [apis] propose two use cases regarding tunner control and channel bounded applications

2013. 6. 10., 오후 10:29, "Ng, Sheau (NBCUniversal)" <Sheau.Ng@nbcuni.com<mailto:Sheau.Ng@nbcuni.com>> 작성:

In the use case 6, is the TV web application controlling the "TV tuner" in the TV or in the STB?

Yes, it is.

I think that some kinds of APIs for handling TV tuner such as 'channelUp, channelDown, setChannel, etc' is needed to be defined.
BTW, It is also possible to use declarative approach without defining channel-related apis. http://www.w3.org/2011/09/webtv/papers/channel_xml.pdf

You may check further details in http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Terminal

Regards,