RE: [tt] Updated draft input to the proposed revision of Timed Text WG charter

I can't speak to the genesis of this effort to liaise from the IG to TTWG.
But it seems like a good idea to express the needs of the IG to other
affected W3C groups, independent of whatever course the other group may
currently be on.

I was concerned about the word "requirements" since the normal use of that
word is a set of things that ALL MUST be conformed to.  For example, when
you analyzed 608/708, you came away with a set of things that timed text ALL
MUST meet. This is different from creating a list of options any one of
which might meet the needs.  Hence my proposed alternative wording which I
think meets the intent of the IG.

I can't speak for the TTWG as a whole, but it is my view that it remains
unclear exactly what strategy(ies) will be undertaken in TTWG - we have not
really discussed it in detail.  Therefore, any input or preferred approaches
expressed by another W3C group with TT needs would be valuable. I think I am
safe in saying that TTWG will not undertake ALL the strategies listed in the
IG draft.

Regards,

	Mike