Re: [download] some discussion on recording API by the Speech API CG (was Fwd: Re: Call for Consensus to publish a First Public Working Draft of "MediaStream Recording API", deadline 31 Jan 2013 [resend adding DAP])

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thanks a lot for your response!

I think we should continue the discussion on DVR/PVR
requirements within the Download TF.  Also I think
it would be useful if we could let the Speech guys
know about our requirements (from time to time).

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

On 01/25/2013 04:47 PM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Dear Kazuyuki, all,
>
> Regarding DVR/PVR functions, this reminds me of TV-Anytime, which role was to develop solutions for this particular purpose.
>
> One essential feature is to avoid recording several times the same content (e.g. from different sources and possibly based on a user profile in addition to a purposeful recording) hence filling up your harddisk. The second essential feature was of course to provide the metadata necessary to dig out what has been recorded from terabytes of storage (which is no longer an hypothetic reality).
>
> TV-Anytime developed the CRID (Content Reference Identifier) which can be associated with any globally unique identifier to help identifying content (EIDR, ISAN, etc.). CRID is published as RFC4078 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4078). It can also be used in a variety of innovative applications like associating a programme with its catch-up tv equivalent. It can be implemented in resolving mechanisms waiting for this programme (e.g. if you missed it or want to see it again, or want to share the link) to appear in an on-demand /catch-up tv offer.
>
> If you are interested in requirements around these DVR/PVR and their today's equivalent, please let me know and I'll be happy to contribute these to the community.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean-Pierre

Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Web&TV, MMI and Voice
Tel: +81 466 49 1170