Re: webtv-ISSUE-66 (gps): Web&TV poll for spec priorities [testing]

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 23:15:18 +0200, Vickers, Mark
<Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com> wrote:

>>> I actually think we should remove the coremob column from our finial
>>> result, as we are only interested in our community at this stage. Of
>>> course when we submit our input to the Testing Group that will be
>>> complemented with input comming from other groups, e.g. the coremob
>>> group.
>>
>> Agree.
>>
>> Chaals the lurker.
>
> I still think we should send this to the CoreMob group for the following
> reasons:
> 1. I consider mobile to be a target of everything we do in TV. The "TV
> Everywhere" movement is mostly about extending TV to tablets and phones.
> So, it's relevant to Web&TV IG. (The "TV" in "Web&TV" includes "TV
> services", not only "TV sets"!)
> 2. We've changed the table significantly. Wee've added rows and columns
> and broadened the values from a single checkbox. The old input from
> CoreMob to the old table can't simply be carried over. It needs updating.
> 3. We had the start of a good discussion with the CoreMob team at the
> January meeting and took an action item to discuss differences and move
> towards increasing commonality. Sending this table to CoreMob addresses
> that action item.
> 4. The Web&TV IG plans to give up control of this table to one of
> Tobie's central testing groups after this poll, so it will be in a
> neutral place going forward.
>
> We should probably explain these points to the CoreMob group when we
> send it to them. If you cc me when you send it, I'll add the above
> comments, if you prefer.

I surely agree we should talk with CoreMob, what I was suggesting is that
we wait until we "move" our work into the testing WG (your point 4 above),
as this is probably not far away. We can probably give CoreMob an heads up
though, in case they may want to do the same.

I'll send out an email to the chair.

Product Manager TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software