Re: [testing] draft of liaison letter [ISSUE-65]

I agree with all Mark wrote, with few minor comments:

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 02:56:47 +0100, Vickers, Mark
<Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com> wrote:

> I suggest replacing this whole paragraph just asking them to email back
> to whomever sends this.

and asking them about the desired confidentiality of the response, as
pointed out by the other mail from Mark.

>> Please use the following values under the "Reference" column:
>> P = The indicated specification is already referenced in one of your
>> published specifications.
>> F = The indicated specification will be referenced in one of your
>> future published specifications.
>> N (or blank) = You have no official plans to reference the indicated
>> specification.
>> Please use the following values under the "Testing" column:
>> M = Testing of the indicated specification is mandatory.
>> O = Testing of the indicated specification is optional.
>> N (or blank) = Not used
> Suggest: N = There will be no testing of this specification.
>
> Perhaps add another column DATE NEEDED and ask them to enter a rough
> timeframe when the tests would be needed, like >"Now" or "Q1 2014".

> I'd leave out all these side issues and requests for participation.
> Those can come in follow-up communication. Let's >keep the message
> focussed on the survey only and not a general engagement,

We can still add it at the very end a short mention to our activity with a
request to get back to us in case there is an interested in being more
engaged.

> Of course, some groups already have liaisons.

indeed, see here http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison (search for "Web and
TV" inside the page)

> Perhaps we can just end with a general catch-all invitation, something
> like:
>
> Feel free to also contact me concerning any additional issues, such as
> liaison relationships, participation in the W3C >testing activity or
> information on any other W3C efforts.

That could also work.

>> Clarke Stevens
>
> Again, I think this should come from Staff. Maybe Kaz or Philipp?

So far I've sent the liaison letters myself as co-chair. I think we can
keep doing it as far as the W3C liaison team is in the loop.

Product Manager TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software