Re: TPAC 2012: agenda - self introduction by non-Member observer(s) ?

Hi Giuseppe and co-Chairs,

As I mentioned before, we will have several non-Member observers
(=prospective Members) at the IG f2f meeting who are considering to
join W3C.  And I think it would make sense and should be useful to let
them give brief introduction on their work/business areas during the
Introduction session.

What do you think?

For example, Karen Myers and I had a call with one of those non-Member
observers, Synacor, the other day.  During the call, they were very
excited with the IG's discussion, and wanted to give a quick overview
on what they had been doing with TV and video including:
- A large number of Synacor's clients are TV operators, and they are
   trusted third party between programmers and operators.
- They have provided the auth and entitlements for video streams of TV
   Everywhere content on the Web.
- Also they have powered large events like the Olympics and the US
   NCAA basketball.

FYI, two of the Synacor representatives, Steve Burr and Anthony
Mirabella, are planning to join the IG meeting.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

--
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Web&TV, MMI and Voice
Tel: +81 466 49 1170