Identity discussion in WebCrypto WG at TPAC

From: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 08:46:24 +0000
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org WG" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
Earlier in the week we discussed requirements for device identity in the context of TV services authorization.

I believe a possible solution to this lies in the capability of the new WebCrypto API to make use of keys that are pre-provisioned on the device.

There'll be a discussion of the need for such keys to be associated with unique identifiers in the WebCrypto session at 3pm tomorrow in Rhone 1.

ůMark