W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-web-and-tv@w3.org > March 2012

[MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] minutes - 1 March 2012

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 02:04:46 +0900
Message-ID: <4F4FAC2E.7060905@w3.org>
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org
available at:
http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-webtv-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Russell!

Kazuyuki

---
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                   Media Pipeline Task Force Teleconf

01 Mar 2012

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Agenda_Telco_1st_March_2012

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/01-webtv-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Kaz_Ashimura, Bob_Lund, Clarke, Joe_Steele, Glenn_Adams,
           Duncan_Rowden, Russell_Berkoff, Jason, Franck, Jan_Lindquist,
           Mark_Watson, Mark_Vickers, Aaron_Colwell, +5840581aaaa

    Regrets
    Chair
           Clarke

    Scribe
           Russell_Berkoff, R_Berkoff

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Content protection
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Content protection

    Clarke: HTML WG meets after this group
    ... Will try to resolve where work gets done
    ... Our charter provides fb on APIs regardless of where work gets
    done on content protection

    RRSAgent scribe Russell Berkoff

    Clarke: Next item - discussion of req document for content prot
    ... Create skeleton

    <kaz> [7]MPTF dashboard page

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF

    Clarke: See home network TF document

    <johnsim> yes

    <johnsim> dialed in 5 minutes late

    Clarke: Front pg on dash board - Things for content protection
    ... Discuss requirements for Content Prot
    ... Critique ones listed currently (requirements)
    ... MPTF taks no position on users, owners and SPs
    ... For content protection

    <glenn> glenn

    Glenn: Change "contract" to "legal agreement (e.g., contract)"

    <glenn> legal agreement (e.g., contract)

    Clarke: Obj for MPTF is to provide terms for those agreements
    ... Concentrate on technical solutions for techical issues
    ... System Will not guarantee misues of content per Content
    Protection contract

    Bob: Goal to meet Content Protection agreements

    Jason: Requirements may vary greatly

    Bob: Need to address union of Content Protection requirements

    Clarke: Range of agreements between parties

    <joesteele>
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/HTML_Content_Protection_Re
    quirements

       [8] 
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/HTML_Content_Protection_Requirements

    Jason: Should include background info in Content Protection doc on
    MPTF page

    Clarke: 2nd bullet - Content protection must specify rights in
    Content Protection agreements
    ... Various parties in CP agreements
    ... Working through rights for parties

    Joe: CP protection must be implementable in open browsers?

    Clarke: Change requirement to should (from must)

    <glenn> may be difficult to define "open browser"

    Clarke: CP system must not advantage one method over another
    ... DTCP vs IP

    Jason: Agnostic to CP method
    ... We're not providing CP system

    <mark> could someone repost the link to the doc we are discussing ?
    I joined the IRC late...

    <kaz> [9]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF#Content_Protection

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF#Content_Protection

    Jason: APIs should not advantage one particular method

    Clarke: Should have baseline method

    Jason: Why make baseline method mandatory?
    ... Clear-key is mandatory method

    Joe: we should have a mandatory method, whether or not paid SPs will
    use it

    Clarke: Additional comment on baseline method?

    MarkW: Change required to recommended?
    ... Unwise to mandate method

    Clarke: Change to should?

    MarkW: OpenSource implementation a requirement?

    Clarke: May want to consider later?

    mav: CP solutions must work with OpenSource browsers?

    MarkW: Don't need whole system implementable in OpenSource browsers

    <glenn> in other words, the basic mechanism should be implementable
    in O/S, but specific CDM implementations may not be implementable,
    due to technical or licensing reasons

    Clarke: Changed wording CP methods miust work with OpenSource
    browsers (vs implementable in)

    mav: Must address HTML5 features

    Clarke: CP must be usable in HTML5
    ... Must be usable w/TimedTracks etc

    Jason: Must or Should?

    <acolwell> kaz: Hi

    <acolwell> kaz: thanks. I'm listening in on the call

    ?: Feature should be covered by CP when available

    acolwell: Copying to Canvas disable for protected content?

    <glenn> need to distinguish between features available during
    encryption vs features available during copy protection/drm regime;
    they may be different

    <inserted> scribenick: R_Berkoff

    Clarke: Other discussion?
    ... Added link for Adaptive Bit Rate
    ... Aaron joined us today from Google

    Aaron: Working with MarkW

    Clarke: Closing meeting
    ... See folks on HTML5 call

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [10]scribe.perl version 1.136
     ([11]CVS log)
     $Date: 2012/03/01 17:01:46 $

      [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

    End of [12]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 1 March 2012 17:05:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:44:06 UTC