Re: [profile] A new TF for the TV Profile

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:10:56 +0100, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Giuseppe Pascale
> <giuseppep@opera.com>wrote:
>

>> Now there is some text in the DOM3 spec
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-**Level-3-Events/<http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/>
>>
>> but AFAIK nobody has implemented it yet.
>

> which text are you referring to in terms of implementing?

I mean the "TV related" parts.

There is a section on remote controllers that is clearly just a place
holder
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#remote-control

(see the "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet" part, that text should be removed
anyway)

Plus the TV related keys in this list
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#key-values

I remember this was discussed briefly here and I think you provided some
input on this list (and I guess somewhere else) but I'm not sure if there
is any actual plan to support them as defined in that document by any
major browser (or even minor for what matters) or if these parts are still
a work in progress.

(Note: I haven't done a review myself, I was hoping we can do it as part
of this activity and provide feedbacks to relevant groups).

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software