Re: A profile for TV

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 07:32:27 +0100, Dewa, Yoshiharu (OSAKI)
<Yoshiharu.Dewa@jp.sony.com> wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> I would like to participate in this discussion. My perspectives of this
> work are as follows;
>
> 1) A strict meaning/definition of "meta-profiling" will be needed.
> In my understanding, you want to define some form of parameterized
> profile-set for reuse by other organization and better interoperability,
> etc.. If my understanding is correct, it is useful for many people to
> use HTML-5 on TV device or other CE devices that is similar
> characteristics to TV.

yes, not only HTML5 but also other web technologies.
As someone as pointed out in the past, this is something w3c hasn't really
done before, but I believe that doing this in W3C will give us the chance
to get the document reviewed by the right audience improving the quality
of the final result.

> 2) Goal (specification document form, etc.) of this work
> You said in previous mail thread, this will happen to make guideline
> document for construct their own specification that is used HTML-5.

I'll start to work on a draft so it will be easier to understand and agree
on the goal of this document.

> 3) Identify insufficient functionality?
> I'm not sure this is needed for this work, but several previous works
> (OIPF/CEA) defined broadcasting resource access method like a remote
> controller keyset or video resource control with player status model,
> etc. This work identify to use such a definition when HTML-5 is applying?

I think we will also need to look into this, yes.

/g

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software